Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Family Time






My family--my mom and my younger sister--were in town last week. I get to see them about once a year or so now that I live half-way across the country. We had such a great time while they were here. We saw tons of movies--sometimes multiple ones a day, went swimming, to the On the Road With the Beats exhibition at the Harry Ransom Center, shopping, to Blues on the Green, etc. We spent all of our time together and occasionally one of us would get irritable but we seemed to be able to draw each other out of our bad moods. I had a wonderful time.
When they left I was totally bummed out. It seems like in the past two years when they have come to visit, I've been so busy with other things that I didn't have much time to be mope about them being gone. However, this year things are calmer and it was a total downer.
After about two days I started throwing myself into researching grad schools to go to for textile design. It's good to have something to work towards in order to get your mind off of depressing things.
(And we all wear a lot of blue.)

No comments: