Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sparks Like Flint

Among the things I have a giddy facination with, is stylized 1960/70 films...see Myra Breckinridge, Barbarella, or CQ. I love the soundtracks, the ludicriousness of it all, and the mod clothes and sets. I think it has to do more with the whole aesthetic than any deeper meaning. Too bad I can't think of any more movies that fall into this genre other than James Bond films. If anyone has ideas then let me know.

Anyhow, I mention all this because I think it would be a fun challenge to create some outfits based on these types of movies. Not based on outfits already seen in the films but more on the general zeitgeist, or maybe just on the movie posters themselves. Like the Flint movies. (and what's up with James Coburn having the exact same posture in both posters? maybe change it up a bit? or did they do that with putting different items in his hands?)



No comments: