Thursday, January 15, 2009

Band Updates

This week is my self-proclaimed week of excile. My grad school application needs to be sent off by next monday, so this week I've been trying desperately to get everything finished. Although, the whole process is very much like being a Visual Merchandiser--it's a bunch of minute tweaks that you never really finish until you are just totally sick of it all and send it away. I'm aiming to be done with my portfolio this evening so that I can send it off by tomorrow and get it printed that day. Hopefully I will be able to send the whole package off by Monday so that it will without a doubt be in Amsterdam by the 31st of January.

And then there is the matter of the Hypothetical Band. At some point we're going to need to brainstorm and come up with a good name for the project. Right now it's just self-explanatory without any pizazz. I met with this photographer last night who gave me some pointers on how to best capture the look we're going for--which is kind of like this.

He gave a couple tips, mainly about shooting on a cloudy day. Mostly it was just encouragement.

I also emailed this band who I really hope plays at the opening, as well as Conner's band. Chrissy and I have become slight groupies to Wino Vino. In addition to getting people dancing, I also think their music would go along with the whole vibe of the project. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they say yes.

I'm just scanning in a couple drawings in at the UT library (I love living in the same town as a big wealthy university. They have all these awesome toys to play with for free, like this kick-ass scanner.) Then I'm off to put the nose to the grindstone yet again.

No comments: