Thursday, May 7, 2009

Collecting of "Marketable Skills"

I'm 26 and I'm starting to think in terms of my "marketable skills", which are frankly rather minimal. It's time I start collecting some skills because right now my largest skill set is sewing. However, I don't want that to be the way I make a living: by sewing clothing or wedding dresses (way too tedious). On the flip side making curtains wouldn't be so bad, which is why I will be taking an upholstery class in the fall. I'm actually quite excited about this because Conner and I have been talking about making some furniture in the future.

I also want to learn web design, graphic design, and photography. After getting all of those marketable skills down pat I will then be a bonafide art director and designer...one who will be able to take the Austin job market by storm!

I've been scoping out other talented people in these fields and have come across some really interesting and awesome artists.

Josh Goleman

Margaret Singer

Amelia Lyon

No comments: