Saturday, January 26, 2008

Wallpaper Becomes Her

A couple months ago I worked for this company that decorated interiors for model homes. We're talking about homes in those gated communities called Shadow Creek Ranch, Sterling Lakes, or Mira Lagos. The builder would require we put wallpaper in certain rooms of the house (downstairs powder, kitchen, master bath, master bedroom...) and they would require that the paper was supplied by specific vendors who had absolutely shitty wallpaper. The issue was always which one could you bear only if you squinted at it.

Whenever I was looking through a design magazine and came upon any remotely interesting wallpaper, I always took note and longed for a chance to use it for one of our jobs. So I am putting together a list of cool wallpaper for future reference.

Also, I was reading the March/April 2007 issue of I.D. magazine and the letter from the editor and she was talking about how wallpaper/ornamentation had made a leap to high-design and so they had dedicated the whole issue to patterns. Well, she argues that it's the first legitimate time since Adolf Loos condemned Art Nouveau. Yay for cheeky wallpaper!

................................
Geoff McFetridge. Shadow of the Paranormal #2.............Cavern. Blackbird.

................................
Cole & Son. Rajapur.....................................................Flavor Paper. Fishnet.

................................
Florence Broadhurst.co03.............................................Florence Broadhurst. bo86

All wallpaper from:

Walnut Wallpaper

Ok, so I got caught up with the Walnut Wallpaper site and so I'll just make this a running list of my favorite wallpapers.
Until tomorrow.

No comments: