Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ceramic Silk

Kat and I are going to begin working on a side project in which we'll create dresses and hair pieces out of ceramics, silk, and muslin. I'm excited because I've never made anything quite like that. It'll be interesting to see what we can come up with. But like everything, it's on a bit of a rushed schedule. Kat's leaving to go intern with Alex Marshall and then Ann Black in two months. So we'll have to plan it, execute it, photograph it, and have an art show within two months. However, that seems to be par for course lately (Don't Bring Me Down took about that amount of time). I'm excited about it!

I would love to make a quilted backdrop kind of like this to photograph our ladies up against. I think we're going to stick with a white, cream, pale rose, and pale peach color palette.

photo from Elena Garcia, Eco-Designer

No comments: