Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I used to be so much more interesting...


I found an old blog that I used to have back in 2005 and was reading it over. I used to be sooo much more interesting! I read so many more books and articles and listen to the radio. I was way more in touch with what was going on in the world back then. I wasn't a bad writer either. I had much more interesting and complex opinion. And I had more interesting journals that had lots of drawings and collages.

I have one journal that I think showcases the "Best" of me. I was funny and creative. That was back in 2003.

But when I think about those times, I wasn't happy. I was lonely, insecure, and constantly dreaming about what my life would be like once I would "come into my own". I had tons of time to spend at home reading, watching movies, drawing, sewing, and writing. But what I wanted to be doing was going out with friends and being girlie and just generally having fun--which is what I'm doing now. I'm infinitly happier now and wouldn't change anything...but I also don't have very much down time. I've been going at full force for a while now and I think I'm just now slowing down and enjoying being boring on a Friday night (I'm always convinced that I'm going to miss something amazing if I don't go out...but I guess that's changing). Maybe that's because I've become lost in boyfriendland or my age or I just need to replenish my mojo for the next round...I'm going to go with boyfriend and mojo depletion--age is a lame excuse.

No comments: